The Goods and Services available at Koch Funeral Home LLC are to help make one of the toughest times in one's life just a little easier. During an arrangement session we will do our best to help you select the goods and services that will make your loved one's funeral a pleasant and memorable event. Some of the many options available are listed below.
Basic services of Funeral Director and Staff and Overhead
Includes staff to respond to the initial request for service, arrangement conference with family, preparation and filing necessary certificates and permits, shelter of your loved one, placement of the obituary notices, coordination of services with the cemetery, crematory, vault company, florists, clergy, and any others as requested. Also includes overhead expense relative to the funeral home facility such as insurance, maintenance, utility expense, secretarial duties, administrative costs, equipment, and inventory expense.
Except in certain special cases, Ohio law does not require embalming. Embalming may be necessary however, if you select certain funeral arrangements, such as a funeral with viewing. If you do not want embalming, you have the right to choose an arrangement that does not require you to pay for it such as direct cremation or immediate burial.
Preparation of the Body for Viewing
- Use of the Funeral Home for Visitation and Service
- Staff and Equipment for visitation or service at another facility
- Use of the Funeral Home for a Memorial Service
- Staff for a graveside service
- Used to transport your loved one, to deliver flowers, to obtain permits and signatures, and to file the death certificates
- Use of the Hearse the day of the service
- Register Books
- Memorial Folders
- Memory Candles
- Laminated Obituaries
Prices vary according to the type of casket chosen.
Outer Burial Containers
Are required by most cemeteries and prices vary according to the type of container (vault) chosen.
Additional and/or Optional Expenses
Certified copies of the Death Certificate are obtained from the health department in the county where death occurred. Prices vary by county in the state of Ohio. The price for a certified copy in Tuscarawas County and New Philadelphia City Health Department is $25 each.
- Newspaper Obituary Charges - each newspaper has their own rates for publication.
- Ohio Burial Permit Fee is $3.00